Meeting for January 19, 2016
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $15484.00 with $655 in accounts receivable.
3. BOARD ACTION: Please see and VOTE to approve the attached budget. In 2015, we paid one MAPS intern (Angela Clements) and a research student (Bekah Snyder) who is working on a study about the use of invasive species by Grey Catbirds. We are planning to extend the research study for a second year, and again pay for the student researcher (paid position at $2000.00 for the year). We are also looking to request grants from Norcross and from the State Wildlife Grant program. Fundraisers like the annual dinner are used to pay our annual liability insurance. The Owl fest is in the works for 2016 - which owl do we want to educate about this year?? If you have any changes, comments or questions about the budget, let me know.
4. BOARD ACTION: Please see the board positions. If you would like to change your position, please advise me and we will adjust for it and take a new vote. If there are o changes, please VOTE now.
Darryl Speicher president
Jackie Speicher treasurer
Lisa Schreffler secretary
Mildred Bernstein board member
John Leiser board member
John Styk board member
Diane Wong board member
5. Director Report: Happy New Year 2016!! We had another wonderful celebration and champagne toast at the annual dinner. We spoke about the great work of our interns this year, and presented certificates to Ryan Brancato and Angela Clements. We also acknowledged Steven Kloiber -long time volunteer who will be helping run the Feeder Fidelity project this year. We thanked the entire Green family, especially Sara Green - who earned her Girl Scout Gold Award - for the Owl Fest Celebration which was a huge success in the community. If you didn't make it to the event, we missed you and hope you can get out for the next celebration.
Earth Day 2016 - PARC has been helping to develop the program ad entertainment schedule for the countywide earth day celebration that will take place on April 23, 2016. PARC has donated the webpage hosting from Weebly and is working to continuously update and support the program. Take a look at the site at MCEARTHDAY.ORG We are also found at #MCEARTHDAY if you are a twitter user. You can help by promoting the event and linking to the website on your website, Twitter, and facebook accounts. Also, Save the Date and plan to attend. PARC will be needing volunteers to man their table for the event.
6. Education Committee: Darryl has already been invited to do the birding weekend for Pocono Environmental Education Center again in 2016. We are looking forward to doing some more education programs for Lackawanna College, Buck Hill Conservation Foundation, Conservation Camp, Monroe County Conservation District, and other area groups. If you have scheduled any programs for PARC, let me know and we will list them on the minutes for everyone to know about. PARC just completed a program for the Barrett Friendly Library, and we are going to schedule another in the late spring. Cindy DeLuca, library director, commented on how well known we have become in the community - we are very appreciative of your hard work that has earned us such a good reputation. THANK YOU.
7. Research Committee: Feeder Fidelity banding is underway with our new station manager, Steven Kloiber (recent graduate from ESU). We are still waiting to hear about our master station permit for Kettle Creek, so banding continues under Darryl's Master Bander permit.
8. Grants Committee: As always, we are actively searching for grant opportunities for this year and next.
9. Audit Committee: Last year’s budget is completed. Please take a look at our numbers. We had a surplus of $3369.44. This is the fifth (5th) year in a row that we have ended with a surplus. We have been able to keep our expenses down, and bring in good research and education income throughout the year. Send along any questions you may have about the budget. I will answer any concerns you may have.
10. New Business
11. Meeting adjourned
Leave a Reply.