Board Meeting February 4, 2018
Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
February 4, 2017- ONLINE
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $16,039.73 with 1108 in accounts receivable
3. Minutes: minutes for the board meeting on October 10, 2017 will be available for a vote in the next meeting.
4. Please take a look at the end of the year budget numbers from 2017 (attached). I appreciate any questions you may have.
5. VOTE: Please look at the budget projections for 2018 (attached). We need a Motion to approve the budget for fiscal year 2018. A second on the motion. And your vote. Please enter your votes on the website at http://www.poconoavianresearch.org/board-of-directors.html, scroll down for the meeting button and enter the password: PARC8620
6. VOTE: Please vote to reinstate the following slate of directors for 2018 (abstaining from the vote for yourself).
Darryl Speicher president
Lisa Schreffler secretary/treasurer
Mildred Bernstein board member
John Leiser board member
Diane Wong board member
Jackie Speicher, Director
7. Following our discussion of payment for the summer research season, Rebekah Snyder left the board to become the paid biologist for 2017. Bekah has now finished her Bachelor of Science degree and is looking for work experience in the field. While she is still in eastern PA, we would like to hire her as a contract employee starting in 2018. We are looking for your input as to the contents and formatting of the contract. Please submit all comments on the website.
At present the contract will consist of a salary of $10/hour which will be monitored by the Director. Bekah will complete a weekly report of hours, and be paid on a bimonthly basis. There will be no withholding from this salary.
Requirements: The contract employee will be responsible for:
PARC purchased the swipe square reader so that we can now take credit cards directly using the phone. I have downloaded the app on my phone. Please let me know if you would like to have a square reader and I will connect you to the app download. The purchase price of the original square reader was reimbursed, and they have sent a second one for our use.
There were 30 people registered for this year's dinner event (28 in attendance). Two of our interns from 2017, Lee Schuler (spring 17) and Dakota Hettel (MAPS 17), were in attendance. I enjoyed seeing everyone at the Stroudsmoor this weekend.
9. New Business:
10. Meeting adjourned