December 19th, 2014
AGENDA for general meeting December 19, 2014
Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
December 19, 2014- ONLINE
1. Call to order
2. Approval of minutes from last meeting- July 20, 2014
3. Financial report- Accounts balanced at $12.549.67 with $650 in accounts payable.
4. Director Report- a. The annual dinner has been scheduled for January 25, 2015 from 1-4 pm. We are at the Stroudsmoor again - this is a nice location, and the food is always great. We are planning to have some birding games and I will present a more complete annual report than I did last year. Auction items include gift cards (including Red Robin, Best Buy, and Cabelas). Let your colleagues know about this event. I would like to fill the room this year. Registration can be done online at the website (through PayPal) or they can send a check payable to PARC. b. PARC donated a private bird walk to the Brodhead Watershed Association for their fundraising auction in 2014. c. PARC received the PA Environmental Council Award for Environmental Partnerships at their annual dinner in July. We will have the framed award at the dinner for you to see. d. Darryl has been asked to help with the updated species accounts for the PA State Wildlife Action Plan. We have attended the instructional webinar, and all accounts will be due by January 30, 2015.
5. Education Committee- We did a lot of education programs for the community this year. Owl banding programs were cancelled due to the manhunt in our area. We did one owl program for the Pocono Mountain PAGE program - and they loved it. Thank you notes have arrived for programs done for: PAGE, Pocono Lake Preserve, and The Nature Conservancy. Programs for the Pocono Manor and Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort are on hold for now.
6. Research Committee- Project Owlnet was cancelled this year to the manhunt that was ongoing through our area. The suspect was captured on October 30, and we cancelled the remainder of the season. Winter feeder fidelity banding project is in full swing. The MAPS training manual has not been finished yet. Lisa and I have been working on some papers to submit for publication. These are still in the early stages of development.
7. Grants Committee- We continue to look for grant opportunities.
8. Audit Committee - The budget will be completed and ready for review on 5 January.
9. New Business - Has anyone seen any great birds? Christmas counts are upon us, let us know if you are helping with a count.
12/18/2014 11:14:43 pm
Congratulations on the award and to Darryl for being asked to help with updating the species account for PA. Looking forward to the Annual Dinner. Happy New Year to all!
Leave a Reply.