Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
December 31, 2018- ONLINE
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $21606.91 with accounts receivable outstanding in the amount of $346. If anyone has any questions concerning the budget, please ask.
3. Minutes: In the past meeting, we approved all minutes from past meetings, and began a discussion about the upcoming programs at Kettle Creek. Diane contributed an article about the Audubon Center in Philadelphia. We should plan a trip in the coming year. Please take a moment to
VOTE to approve minutes from August 27, 2018
4. Director Report: Happy New Year!!! We have enjoyed our first year in the office at Kettle Creek. We received a second desk from Lisa, and have to reorganize the space for the New Year. When more than one person is working, it can get tight using the tables available in the prep room, and we also saw ourselves squeezed in during the owl banding when the building was filled with other meetings. It is an exciting start!
We still need to better promote our events, so that we can help support the organizations that invited us. Please repost any events you see on facebook, and we have added a calendar to the website for people to view the events that are upcoming. We could use any additional ideas on how to market these types of events to increase attendance.
Finally, we need 3 additional board members for our organization. Would anyone like to work on nominations for additional board members? I will head the committee in 2019.
5. Education report: We continue to do monthly programs with the Brodhead Watershed Association water wiser kids program. Additionally, we have been invited to participate in the programming for Kettle Creek in the start of 2019. All of these are in addition to the one-day community events and other birding programs we do. Bekah has created a calendar on the website. Take a look!
6. Research report: Our research season ended with a still more rain in November. We had 85 new northern saw whet owls, 2 foreign recaptures, and 1 barred owl to start the season. Our intern, Alissa, will be invited to the annual meeting in January. Bekah and Steven are banding for the winter feeder fidelity project. We will try to create a report on the research by then of the winter.
7. New Business: I hope everyone is registered to join us for the annual dinner on JANUARY 27, 2019 from 1-4 pm, at the Stroudsmoor. I would like to hold a short (15 mins) meeting prior to the event. Please let me know if you can meet at 12:30 pm
8. Meeting adjourned