Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
July 20, 2014
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $10668.65 with $650 in accounts payable, and another $200 yet to be billed.
3. Director Report: Bluebird monitoring at Buck Hill Falls has begun. Volunteer Carol Klatt has been working with me all through the summer. Bluebirds are on their second clutch and the tree swallows have already finished nesting for the season. Anyone who would like to spend the day exploring nest boxes should give me a call. That invitation extends to any students we can generate from NCC and ESU.
4. Education Committee: Ongoing programs include beginner bird walks for the Barrett Friendly Community Center and the Tobyhanna State Park. Programs at the Pocono Manor and Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort are in the works throughout the summer.
5. Research Committee: Our intern for the summer is Melissa Shafer. Melissa is a student who has worked with us before. She is looking to gain additional experience in wildlife research as she begins looking for opportunities for graduate school. Melissa will be working on completing the MAPS manual started by Bekah last winter. We banded a Pileated Woodpecker at the MAPS station at Kettle Creek a few weeks ago. This picture has made big headlines around town, so here it is for you to see: https://www.facebook.com/NatureConservancyPA/photos/a.236489603062377.64928.225031627541508/796812817030050/?&theater
6. Grants Committee: We are actively searching for grant opportunities for this year and next. We have applied for the PA Environmental Council Award for Environmental Partnerships.
7. Audit Committee: I have begin working on the audited numbers for the first two quarters of 2014. They should be prepared by next month, and I will report on them at that time. Please send along any questions you may have about the budget. I will answer any concerns you may have.
8. New Business- Has anyone seen any great birds?
9. Meeting adjourned
Thank you for all your support.