AGENDA for meeting on February 18, 2015
Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
February 18, 2015 - ONLINE
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $12779.94.
3. BOARD ACTION: Please see and approve attached budget.
4. BOARD ACTION: Please vote for the board to retain the following positions:
Darryl Speicher president
Jackie Speicher treasurer
Lisa Schreffler secretary
Mildred Bernstein board member
John Leiser board member
Diane Wong board member
John Styk board member
5. Director Report: Happy New Year 2015!! This is our fifteenth year in operation and we were able to celebrate that with a wonderful champagne toast at the annual dinner. Our guests were entertained by a short birding game and a longer talk about the events of the year. During the dinner, we displayed the award we received from the Pocono Environmental Council this past year and a certificate for our intern Melissa. She has been working hard on creating a new MAPS manual. Bekah Snyder has agreed to work on this project as well.
Many projects continue to be listed on our calendar including the 2015 Waterwaze event, the annual snipe hunt, a series of Barrett Township birding walks, and the Promised Land Eagle Watch. Bluebird monitoring will begin at Buck Hill Falls and in the Stroudsburg borough when the snow finally melts. Anyone who would like to spend the day exploring nest boxes should give me a call. That invitation extends to any students from NCC and ESU.
6. Education Committee: We have already been invited to do programs for Pocono Environmental Education Center again in 2015. Darryl always does a great Birding weekend with them and another hike later in the spring.
7. Research Committee: Feeder Fidelity banding went well in November and December. We should begin to write about our findings. We have been receiving a number of intern applications for the upcoming spring and summer seasons. I will keep you posted.
8. Grants Committee: As always, we are actively searching for grant opportunities for this year and next.
9. Audit Committee: Last year’s budget is completed. Please take a look at our numbers. We had a surplus of $1563.73. This is the fourth year in a row that we have ended with a surplus. We have been able to keep our expenses down, and bring in good research and education income throughout the year. Send along any questions you may have about the budget. I will answer any concerns you may have.
10. New Business
11. Meeting adjourned