Pocono Avian Research Center
Board of Directors Meeting
January 31, 2013
1. Call to order
2. Accounts balanced at $9843.35 at the end of December. $ 365 Accounts receivable are due and no accounts payable are due at the end of December 2012.
3. BOARD ACTION: Please see and approve attached budget.
4. BOARD ACTION: Please vote for the board to retain the following positions:
Darryl Speicher president
Jackie Speicher treasurer
Lisa Schreffler secretary
Mildred Bernstein board member
John Leiser board member
Diane Wong board member
John Styk board member
5. Director Report: (A) We will be actively looking for an office space to use this year. I hope to be in a place by the spring or summer. This will enable our interns to do more research, data entry and work on their own projects during their semester. (B) I ordered polo shirts with our name on them and they should be arriving in early February. I have attached the link to the design. I have also designed some t-shirts, but have not placed that order yet. (C) Take a look at the website and make your suggestions. I will be organizing the development of the training modules for MAPS. These will be uploaded onto the site before training this spring.
6. Education Committee: We have already been invited to do programs for Pocono Environmental Education Center and Brodhead Watershed Association in 2013.
7. Research Committee: Feeder Fidelity banding will begin in early January. We will also be involved in bluebird nest box project. Our intern for the spring is Kevin Boyle. He started with us in the fall 2012, but was unable to finish. He will be working with us all spring.
8. Grants Committee: An invasive species follow up grant will be submitted to Cora Brooks in January. We also submitted a grant to Norcross for audio and video equipment. A key item in the grant is a field camera for the banding projects. We should hear from Norcross at the end of their first quarter. We were approved for a donation from the 4Imprint company. They will be sending us an assortment of printed items for our birds and breakfast. We can use the items for fundraising or for giveaways.
9. Audit Committee: nothing to report
10. New Business
Thank you for all your support.